Monday, March 28, 2005

Cash flow

So we recently got some financial rewards for working "for the man" in corporate America. So since I've been considering purchasing a digital camera for awhile (see here and here), I figure that I should strike while the iron's hot, so to speak.

Here's my progress:
  • Sony DSC-P200: Really liking this camera. I went to a local electronics venue this weekend and played with several cameras for awhile. This was the one I liked the most. Quick, cute, small (and very friendly, I might add). Too bad that the only red one I can find online is at Sony....

  • Creative Zen Micro: Oy, so yes, I might take the plunge and get an MP3 player. I hadn't even thought of it until this morning, when a co-worker gave me a rave review of the one that he purchased. And they come in so many colors....I'm a sucker. I know. But seriously, 2500 songs! And a radio? And a bunch of other stuff I'll likely never use? Irresistible.

  • New resources: NewEgg...fun stuff. I'm surrounded by very technologically advanced individuals, and occasionally, they pass along snippits of info, like useful websites. Keep up the good work, gentlemen.

Wish me luck....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did "the man" give you enough for a real Camera Like a Nikon!

Anonymous said...

Did "the man" give you enough for a real Camera Like a Nikon!

Anonymous said...

anonymous is right... you should definitely check out a digital SLR... I'm actually a fan of the Canon Rebel, but I'm sure Nikons are nice too. And you're not going to get the Dell MP3 player? don't you get a discount or something?
Hope you're having a good week!

kimmie said...

Well folks, I have checked out the Canons. In fact, if you read previous posts, I was really close to getting one. However, the Sony just felt right. I can't explain it. I just knew it was "the one."

As for a Rebel, it's a bit too much camera for me. I'm a fan of it, and wanted one way back when I was a poor college student. It doesn't seem as portable....