Thursday, March 17, 2005

Jumbled thoughts

I started to write this in hopes to discuss a random link I found on a friend's blog, and I now find that there are a lot of things I'd like to write about. None of which, by the way, actually flow together. But hey, spaghetti thoughts can't be put into a logical pattern....

Topic A: What do we really share?
I briefly discussed this online and in-person with a friend who was debating about how open/honest/transparent/public to be in his corner of the internet. So now, as I sit here and compose this, I'm challenged by much the same question. I know of a handful of people that actually read this, but it's still almost cathartic to get thoughts down on "paper," no matter who is reading them. So there's a balance. I'm not going to sit here and summarize my life story, but I will sit here and write about certain life happenings. I hope we can all agree to that and move on.

Topic B: I read a bunch of old blog entries yesterday
So I found myself poking around online yesterday during a series of boring conference calls. Not only did I find out a lot about a friend, but I found some random links to some different sites. Like this one where you can generate a map of all the places you've traveled in the US, or even the world. Here's my map.

Here's another random, and more nerdy, link. Yes, you too can actually find out what HTML tag you are. If you're lucky, like me, you will wind up being the "guvnor." Here's a brief summary: You're the guvnor - without you, nothing would happen. No, really - you're fantastic! You keep everyone in order, and never ask for anything in return. Good job! Take the quiz and post back with which tag you are.

Topic C: Hmmm, what else is going on....
I'm traveling to Dallas this weekend to be with family as my grandmother has brain surgery. Yep, brain surgery. It sounds rather intensive, and could wind up with her in ICU for almost 5 days. But she's a spunky gal and I'm going up to see her before she goes into surgery. If you think about it, you can be praying for her. Thanks!

Topic D: Eclectic office music
I'm sitting in my fabric covered box (didn't read the article, but the cartoon cracks me up and is currently posted in my cubicle, as it has been since I started at this job almost 3 years ago...), wait, where was I? Oh yes, so I'm sitting at my desk, and there's a fair amount of hubbub going on a few aisles away. And it sounds like there's some sort of Polynesian music playing at varying volumes. And then a pause, then laughing, then some more musical strumming. What is going on? No idea, but if it keeps up (which the current forecast models dictate), then I'm going to have to go over there and snoop around.

Ok, that should do it for today. Thanks for hanging in there with me....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The amusing part is, I found myself reading through someone else's online journal entries - luckily for you, I refrained from commenting on all of the entries I had comments for - I'll leave with this simple comment for now.

kimmie said...

How kind of you, sir. Keep up the good work....

Anonymous said...

I will keep your Grandmother in my prayers..... J-bean

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the openness. I still have not found the solution to my quandry about how open to be, but I apreciate you sharing about your grandmother. Please let me know how things are going. I have prayed for her too.

Anonymous said...

Kim, I took your test, and I was a "p with the greater than and less then signs", but I don't know what that is. And apparently it's a tag that I can't copy and paste becuase they won't accept it. :) I couldn't even answer all the questions on the quiz, so I'm not sure if I'm nerdy enough to get a tag. Here's what it said about me: "You're nice and reliable, and a good friend to have in any situation. Make sure sure you've got something interesting inside though, you want to keep people coming back for more."

Anonymous said...

That quiz is great. It says I'm the blink tag. "There's no two ways about it - you're pure evil. Sure, there may be a few people who say you've got a good soul deep down, but really, you're irredeemable. Right?"

It's like it's known me my whole life.


Michael

Anonymous said...

Oddly enough I was a p tag too. Off because I am marrying Katie in June and she is the other registered p tag on the page. Ironic, eh?

Anonymous said...

I tried to take that quiz for about 30 sec. before I realized that I am not even close to being a big enough nerd.

Just wondering how your grandma is doing... I've been praying for her.

love ya!