Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Animal Rights

Ok, please don't think of me as a calloused person, but laughed out loud when I heard of the other PETA referenced in this article. I've never had lobster before, now that I think about it. But this one looks like he could actually kill me.

Side note - when I was little and my mom would take me to the grocery store, I would always stop at the lobster tank and wave to the captives. I really thought their little antennae were waving back. Heck, they were ALL waving at me. They must have really liked me. Sometimes I still wave....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you see the follow-up article? that lobster DIED after they moved it to a zoo... I just about laughed my head off. So no one even got to enjoy eating it. What a freakin waste. 22lbs!! The local soup kitchen could have made one heck of a lobster bisque.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious! :-) Eating tasty animals, eh. Sad that clippy died after being moved to the zoo though

Anonymous said...

Dreams
by Langston Hughes
Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.

This is not at all about the lobster, but about an earlier post... I'm not savvy enough to know if you look at comments posted several days after the fact. ;-) You know the saying about "What we are is God's gift to us... what we become is our gift to God"... I think that dreams fit in there somehow. Keep on dreaming!

kimmie said...

Y'all are great. Yes, I read the comments :) I love 'em!

My friend John called me about Bubba, before we heard that he died. Apparently the guy who caught him actaully said this, "I'd like to eat him, but that would be shellfish." Ha!! I love that guy!

Thanks for reading - I'll keep posting....