Wednesday, February 02, 2005

In demand

So a faithful reader of this here online journal (I refuse to say "blog" more than I have to) requested that I write more frequently. And what the people want, the people get.

An update on the camera purchase, for those of you who are curious. On the advice of several technological gurus, I went to a local store to actually test out some cameras to see what my likes and dislikes were. I was also provided some useful links to various camera reviews, pros and cons, etc. All of this information has been most helpful to say the least.

I went into said local store with two brands in mind: Sony and Canon. Both have received high reviews online, and by people that I know who own similar items. But if you know me at all, you know that I don't take kindly to frivolously spending large amounts of cash. So this decision doesn't come easy. After giving several a try, I narrowed down my list of top requirements in priority order. I then went home and conducted further research. I came to like the Canon A95 for several reasons:


  • Canon makes good cameras

  • Canon has cameras at decent prices

  • Canon had good reviews online

  • This little camera has a good feel to it: sturdy, yet sleek

  • This little camera has navigable software

  • This little camera had a decent shutter speed (a must, I understand, for a good digital camera)

  • This little camera has a cute swivel screen, which, based on experience, might come in quite handy


Semi-useful fact of the day:
Rock music makes termites chew through wood at twice their normal speed.

Can you imagine being an Entomology student and having this be your thesis?! Awesome, dude!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well posted lady! Keep it up!

jad3