Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Adventure sports, anyone?

So I'm going to attempt to go rock climbing with a friend this week. Apparently there's an inside rock gym around these parts, and this friend of mine is all about it. I've been a couple of times, but I really don't do it justice. I basically look pathetic as my under-used muscles strain to get me more than 5 feet off the ground. But hey, my Friday night is open and this seems like something fun and different. Wish me luck.

Speaking of being active, I'm still working on getting a regular gym routine down. Our offices have a gym that is super affordable, and I feel like I could use a little workout here and there. I just read about someone who nicknames her fellow gym-goers to distract her from the actual "work" in her workout. Pretty humorous. I'm already thinking of a few of the regulars that could use a nickname or two. They probably all have one for me already, but I don't think I need to know what it is.

Work has been downright painful recently. This weekend will mark the third in a row that I have to put in some time. No bueno, if you ask me. Possible alternative career ideas include coffee taster, dessert taster, coffee-flavored dessert taster, and dessert-flavored coffee taster. I think I would thrive in any of those avenues. Know of any openings?

Verses for the day:

"For as the soil makes the sprout come up and a garden causes seeds to grow, so the Sovereign Lord will make righteousness and praise spring up before all nations." Isaiah 61:11

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever." Hebrews 13:8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim, I am so into climbing you are more than welcome to come climb outdoors with Katie and I sometime. Katie has only been once. So there is no reason to feel super nervous. Climbing inside is great exercise, but climbing outside is great exercise and one gets to enjoy the great outdoors. Call if your up for it. I will probably call you about it sometime. I love knowing about this site by the way it is like having Kim in my pocket whereever you go.