Monday, February 28, 2005

Something near and dear to my heart...

So today I was in desperate need of a good laugh, or at least a chuckle. I often turn to Craigslist to satisfy this craving, and today there were several posts on the "Best Of" that brought a smile to my face. I don't know about you, but I can definitely identify with this guy when he lost control of his inner monologue. I do that all the time. The same way that I sometimes forget that I need to shut my mouth, lest it hang open for a good while.

Word of warning though - careful where you click. Craigslist can be a bit shady in spots. On that note, I heard someone say "sketched out" the other day in normal conversation. This was odd to me, as in, "Boy howdy, I was really sketched out when I read that post on Craigslist." This is strange.

Anyhow, like I said, it made me laugh on a day that might have otherwise been laughless. I hope your day is one of multiple smiles and laughs. English teachers say you need 3 sentences to make a paragraph, so this sentence is my feeble attempt to conform to the rules of our silly language.

I hope this is an encouragement to you:

"You will keep him in perfect peace
him whose mind is steadfast,
because he trusts in You."

Isaiah 26:3

No comments: