Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Singles Awareness Day

Hi there, and Happy Valentine's Day to you. Why I capitalized "Happy" I have no idea. Anyhow, I hope this February 14th finds you doing well and downing large amounts of heart-shaped goodies. Personally, I'm snacking on some small heart-shaped Dove chocolates. Mmmm, good. I thoroughly enjoy holidays that have some built-in candy affiliation.

This weekend was absolutely crazy. Friday, a bunch of us celebrated a friend's birthday with dinner and dancing. Yes, that sounds nice and upscale, but think again. Dinner was fun, dancing was a bit of an adventure. Made me feel like I was back in college again. And there was this one really creepy guy that the boys had to fend off. But what's a Friday night without a creepy, inebriated stranger approaching you in a dimly-lit room?

Saturday started off with a bang - or a breakfast taco. I can't remember. All I know is that I had a church meeting at 7:30 in the AM, and I barely made it in time, even though the meeting venue was literally less than 1 mile from my house.

I had to work all night Saturday, and didn't wind up getting home until around 4:30AM on Sunday. Smooth. 3 hours later I was back at it, heading downtown to watch some friends run an insanely long race. They did great, and we were all outside for about 8 hours. For some reason, since we haven't seen the sun around here in 2 weeks, I forgot that I burn quicker than you can say "sunscreen!" So random parts of my arms and neck are a festive Valentine's Day pink.

Anyways, all that said, I hope you had a good weekend as well. Have fun celebrating (or protesting) today's holiday. Too bad we don't get off work....

No comments: