Thursday, September 08, 2005

A worthwhile evening

I just got home and it's almost 2 AM. Rarely do I ever see midnight come and go, as I like to be in bed rather early. But the last 6 hours of my life have been incredible, and I haven't even seen the fruit of my labor yet.

A very gracious and generous friend of mine recently offered up one of his rent houses to the evacuees that are staying in Austin. He just found out Wednesday afternoon that a family had been selected for his house, and that they would move into the house Thursday. So we scoured the city for extra couches, beds, posters, games, towels....all the necessities of filling a vacant house with the feel of a home.

None of us have met the family yet. My friend barely knows their names. They are a husband, wife and two young boys, and they will soon call an actual house their home for the next while.

It was just great. And I don't care if I'm tired. I just wanted to write about it briefly....for some reason.

Now, my own bed calls me. Get some rest, all.

No comments: