Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Whistle while I work

I've lived in my room for about a year now. Within that time, I dismantled my previous bed (leaving my bed on the floor), rearranged the furniture once, and hung 3 pictures. It was pretty sad and barren, longing for someone to come and dress it up a bit.

So after a chat with my more color-adventurous roommate, I decided that some changes were needed. I bought a bed frame, which made a huge difference. I also decided to paint a wall. And I've been at it for several days now.

The color? Dressage Red. You can check it out here (just scroll down past the grays), but it's a little brighter in-person. Yeah, bright is the right word I guess.

Apparently to paint a white wall red, you need a swift talking to by the paint guy at Home Depot. So after a counseling session at the paint desk, I set off to start the process. One coat of dark pink primer on Sunday. One coat of Dressage Red on Tuesday night. Another coat before heading off to work this morning.

It's starting to take shape. I figure I may need a touch-up here and there, but overall, I'm pleased. I've only spilled on the carpet once (in my haste this morning), but I got most of it up (and my bed goes over that spot anyways). No worries.

...though I probably should have asked my landlord first...

(For those of you that saw the Chinese Red wall in my previous apartment, it's quite simliar....)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome... i can't wait to see it. Josh and I still need to come visit sometime this summer, since Memorial Day weekend didn't work out. The red sounds great.

love ya!