Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Practice makes perfect

For my upcoming trip to East Asia, I figured it might be good to break out some bargaining, in hopes to be ready to possibly haggle for random street goods at any point during the trip. So I put my meager skills to the initial test last night.

Let it be known, folks at the Dell Diamond do not haggle.

But I gave it a shot anyways. I found out that there's at least a 50 cent margin on funnel cakes.

I also found out that lions don't always eat people. Hmm. Who knew?

4 comments:

Trina said...

Aslan returns? Sounds very Narnian to me!

kimmie said...

Interesting thought, Trina. I hadn't put that in a Narnian context...good show.

Anonymous said...

However, the guys over at Guitar Center do allow haggling.

I managed to haggle a pair of $329.00/ea (list price) speakers down to $175.00/ea.

Go me. :)

- d.

kimmie said...

Dom, that's stellar. I need to take notes from you...