Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Houston, we have a problem

I guess I'm just jaded, or polite, but I didn't really think that people honestly conducted business on the phone while taking care of business.

I took a trip to the ladies room today at work to discover that in the stall next to me was a woman who was on the phone. "Maybe she's talking to a friend?" I thought to myself. I know a few girls who do that, though I'm not one of them....my roommate, on the other hand...

Anyhow, so the conversation continued, and I'm sorry, but I couldn't help overhear that they were indeed talking about work (and she was talking to a man! Though even if a woman had been on the other end of the phone, I would have still been slightly appalled). She was having a meeting while going to the bathroom. Am I the only one who thinks this is odd? Or maybe a bit impolite?

Granted, I have worn flip flops to work before. I have worn jeans with an apparent tear in them, unintentionally. But I think those things pale in comparison to this event. Multitasking, yes. Professional, no.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure they don't "pale" in comparison? Or maybe the lady needed a bucket afterall...

- d.

kimmie said...

Wow - I have absolutely no idea how to respond to that. :)

Anonymous said...

You could begin by fixing the spelling - I was implying that you meant to use "pale" instead of "pail" in the last paragraph.

The bucket part was merely to help clue you in to which type of misspelling you had committed.

- d.

kimmie said...

Oh ha ha, I just now caught that. I'll correct it momentarily. Thanks!