Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Trendy things in a trendy town

I found myself sipping decaf coffee at a lakeside coffee shop last night, surrounded by students, nerds, and hippies. I'm not sure what category I fit in - it probably depends on the day. I arrived with the objective to complete my homework for a new Bible study in which I'm participating. A group of us gals is starting to study Titus 2, in regards to becoming a Godly woman and in order to better understand the role that God created us for.

It was a good time to just sit, be still, and read the Word. It was more like a Bible drill, hopping to and fro throughout both the Old and New Testaments, but I enjoyed the variety of scripture that they brought into the mix.

I did in fact complete the homework, for which I was thankful. One thing off my plate for the week. Several other things to go.

One an ickier note, I got immunized yesterday. I am deathly afraid of shots, so I was dreading the appointment. I was pleasantly surprised, however, throughout the entire experience. It became blatantly obvious that I have no clue about my medical history, and apparently, my medical records are filed away in a warehouse of sorts. So, I'm banking on the fact that I'm up to date with all of that mess, since finding out would be quite a task.

The travel nurse was so nice, and I honestly barely felt the shot. I only got Hep A, and I was thankful that there wasn't anything else that she had to do. The fun will continue, however, after I go to pick up my Typhoid pills. I've heard that those aren't the most fun things in the world, but it's got to be more fun than actually getting Typhoid. Sign me up!

No comments: