Monday, June 20, 2005

Please don't, seriously

I have apparently misplaced my check card. I didn't discover this until I was next in line to pay for my lunch at a dining establishment earlier today. Upon writing my check, the cashier, a man who could not have been more than 5 years older than me, said in a snooty/cool voice:

"I'm gonna need to see a current address and phone number, sweetheart."

Seriously, you're 30. I'm not 12, nor am I 65. You can call me "miss," but not "ma'am," and certainly not "sweetheart." Take my check, hand me my food, and don't make cutsie talk about my beverage selection.

Deal?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, ma'am.

;)

- d.

kimmie said...

(empty threat)
Dom - I know where you live....and don't forget, I'm both hostile and dominant.

Wait - did you move? Maybe I don't know where you live.
(/empty threat)

Have a nice day!