Friday, June 17, 2005

Now what?

If you've been following my recent home renovation saga, I have a new chapter to write. I've been without a desk for quite awhile - over a year at this point. So I've been keeping an eye out for one, but not pursuing anything seriously (sounds like a relationship...scary).

My roommate sent me a link to this desk and I found that it would suit the space in my room rather well. It was supposed to be delivered either yesterday or today, so I was getting excited. But when I got home yesterday - no desk.

But I guess UPS is like Santa, because when I walked outside this morning to leave for work, a giant box with the word "desk" on it was sitting in my yard. No note. No cookies or milk. Just a box in my yard. So I lugged it up to my room and assembled it swiftly, as I was excited about new furniture.

The desk, if you will notice, also doubles as an "entry table." This wasn't particularly an added bonus for me, but it's good to know. It's also good to know that because of that fact, it's a bit on the tall side. So now my desk chair (borrowed from my roomie) is slightly dwarfed by the table/desk. So I'm now apparently in the market for a desk chair. Yeah me.

Lesson learned - set aside some cash. It's the snowball effect, I've found, that happens with home decor. First it was the bedframe, then the primer, then the paint, then the pillows, then the desk. And now the chair.

Repeat to self:
...I can quit anytime...
...I can quit anytime...
...I can quit anytime...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you understand what gadgets are to me! ;)

kimmie said...

Mike,
I don't think anyone will ever understand what gadgets are to you ;)

Let me know if you want to borrow my "gangsta" CD. I know you were liking it...