Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Sheer talent

There's something about seeing talented people express their gifts. It just moves me. I become like a proud parent, watching them on stage, or hearing them read, or taking in their work. Tears well up within me to see people I may or may not know just being who they were created to be (whether or not they know they were created to be just that!).

So last night I went to a CD release party. Yes, I feel hip saying that...."CD release party." But let me remind you, just yesterday I was dismantling a 3 year old laptop for fun. "Hip" is not something that I'm familiar with.

Anyhow, it was at said party that I, once again, got that proud parent feeling. A friend of a friend was releasing her debut album, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. She's a cute, funky, young Asian girl who can play the guitar quite well. Though the venue was small and loud, her voice still cut through the air straight to you. Crisp, clean, powerful yet restrained.

I bought a CD.
You should too.
Buy a CD from Betty Soo.

No comments: