Friday, December 02, 2005

Alert: Slacker on the internet!!

A lot can happen in 32 days. Yes, it has actually been 32 days since I've posted. And yes, I fully own up to the fact that this is simply unacceptable in the eyes of my beloved readers. To the three of you, my very sincere apologies. Please, can you find it in your hearts to forgive me?

What does one choose to write about after an "extended" absence? The pressure is killing me, I'll admit that much. I guess I'll give a brief primer about what life has had to offer over the past month or so.
  • Finished up work on the Katrina relief effort called housestohomes
  • Worked like a crazy person on 6 different deployments
  • Went on a few dates...
  • ...and subsequently gave my parents a good scare about upcoming life developments
  • Was a bridesmaid for the nth time
  • Got hooked on another stinkin' tv show
  • Contemplated buying a new car*
  • Celebrated Thanksgiving with the family
I guess that's a good high-level. It seems a lot simpler "on paper" than it did to live through. But God is indeed good. I have no complaints.**

This weekend, I'm off to enjoy some festive entertainment. A movie, breakfast with a friend, an afternoon at the museum, a big fire, church and Bible study. All in all, the pace never slows, nor does it skip a beat.

What's going on with you?

*Please note that this impending purchase is not out of frivolity or excess, but sheer need. My car is dying a slow, noisy, sputtering death.

**Please note, some of you would disagree on this point. Please keep your comments to yourself...or at least to the comments section of this site.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kimmie, welcome back. What kind of car? And what kind of life developments? We need to have dinner sometime and get caught up properly. Also I need someone to discuss "Lost" with.

Anonymous said...

geez... finally. don't you realize that some of us check this EVERY DAY? And I'm looking forward to hearing about how your Thanksgiving went...

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I only check on weekdays, does that make me less of a friend? Good to have you back.

kimmie said...

Ha, y'all are great. And you are ALL my friends, no matter how often you check my rambling ;)