Sunday, October 30, 2005

It's late...no, it's early

And I can't seem to sleep. Yes, I know we gained an hour tonight, and I would normally be spending that additional quality time with my pillow. But I just can't sleep. No idea why. I've got 100 things running through my head right now. Most of them are really good. They make me almost giddy, in a way. I'm not complaining - but I'm sure by the time this evening rolls around, and I've put in a few hours of work, a few hours of play, and a few hours of study, I'll likely be dying to get back to my bed.

I worked last night as well. It went really well, actually. I used to think it was almost silly to pray about work, in a way. But God probably thinks I'm silly in general, so why not leverage that!? He blessed that time, and I'm praying that He does so later this morning as well.

After work last night, I contemplated running up to the neighborhood coffee shop, reading, and chilling out with some decaf. But upon returning to my abode, my couch and my DVR were looking mighty good. So I watched Gilmore Girls - it made me laugh. Then I started to watch Alias. Wow. It made me laugh, too. Unfortunately, the writers probably didn't intend that. I haven't finished the episode, but can't wait for the comedy to continue.

Of the brief moments I did see, this had to be my favorite line:

(read it with a gruff voice and squinted eyes, as you pretend to be a super-secret-under-cover CIA agent who is "really tough")

"My mother always said, if somebody was worth shooting once, they were worth shooting twice."

Ok - please tell me that at least made you smirk. It made me and my roommate laugh out loud. J.J. - is this the best you've got? Ugh!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you Kim. As I recall we used to be able to pick exactly what was going to happen next in Alias. Of Course those were in the better days. Maybe we should apply to be the new writers...

Alexia & Jeffrey said...

oh yes, i definitely chuckled :-)

kimmie said...

Seriously, Jim. We could definitely do a smashing job writing for Alias. And you know, I'll even say we're good enough for Lost. Yes, I said it. The bar has been raised. Our skills are sharp enough, though. We'd likely be very successful....

Anonymous said...

speaking of writing...
it has been a while since you have contributed to my daily laughs or hmns. We might have to do lunch if you don't strat letting me know what is going on in your life via the internet.