Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The sweet stuff

If you will recall in my previous post, from time to time I enjoy a good chocolate. And once again, Dove has come through with flying colors. The messages this time even prompted me to note that I was starting to prefer these little delectable bites more than the (in)famous fortune cookie (which I have been known to consume in mass quantities).

Words of wisdom for Tuesday:

"Don't think about it so much."
"Laugh uncontrollably...it clears the mind."

So applicable on so many levels. There have been several circumstances recently that, upon reflection, cause me to laugh uncontrollably. There's nothing better than sitting in the middle of a meeting you're running, recalling a recent humorous event, and then just breaking out the biggest smirk on your face as you fight back the growing desire to just lose it altogether. I'm glad I have co-workers who can laugh with me. Ok, sometimes they laugh at me, but what do I care.

And about not "thinking about it so much," I think we can all take that to heart. Again, there have been several circumstances lately that have just sent my mind spinning (yes, some of these circumstances are related to those that make me laugh uncontrollably, but I digress). The mind is a funny thing, my friends. Best of luck taming it this week....

4 comments:

hlw said...

A woman after my own heart - quality chocolate and fun quotations! In my co-workers cubicles, I hang up the ones that fit them best.

Anonymous said...

I bought some this morning for work.
1. YUM
2. "Live your dreams"

Trina said...

so, did the rock syrup come to mind?

kimmie said...

Rock syrup is a close second now to the love of Dove. If you'd like me to make another batch, let me know. I'm ready at any moment to make the mouth-watering syrup confection.