Friday, December 16, 2005

Ah, I love the holidays

Especially when they contain magical surprises, which this one most certainly will. Actually, I already kind of found out the biggest surprise of all - I'm going to New York. That's right, people, New York city. Ooooh, I LOVE it! I went twice while in high school, right around mid-March. It was so cold and blustery there during that transitional Spring time. I can only imagine how cold it will be during the week after Christmas. But it's totally worth it!

I'm now busy looking up shows to go see, stores to swing by, interesting "New Yorky" things to do. All that jazz. So if you have any suggestions, please do let me know. I'm so excited - beyond words, really.

There is just something enchanting, it seems, about New York at Christmas time. Or at least, that's what the movies would have us think. And I'm a sucker for movies. So I'll likely get to stroll through Central Park, as it's fields, trees and paths will be blanketed in snow. I'll get to see the giant Christmas tree in Rockefeller center, twinkling it's branches at me. Oy, I can't wait!!

New York suggestions? Leave me a comment.... :)

3 comments:

Trina said...

i'm a little jealous, but i'm trying to be happy for you. ;)

Anonymous said...

What!?! when did this happen? Who are you going with. Is there a lucky guy in the picture? Pretty red heads are not allowed to hit NYC without a warning. Does NYC know you are going to be there?

Alexia & Jeffrey said...

42nd Street and Aida are the only shows i've seen there, but they're both great... shopping in SOHO...
ground zero... stop at any random little whole in the wall place off the street for breakfast...if it's good, go to the same place every morning just to get the "everday NYC" feel. i did this last time i went and it was fun