Monday, March 19, 2007

We're homeowners!

Yes, it's true. Friday we closed on our first house! I've purposefully not been posting about it because I didn't want to publicize all of the house happenings until it was legally ours. But now, we're in the clear. All of the paperwork went through without a hitch and we are officially homeowners.

In retrospect, the process was a LOT easier than I was expecting. I'm normally an optimist, but for some reason, during this entire process, I kept expecting it to fall through, or take a wrong turn, or have the house collapse upon itself.

I also read a lot of personal finance blogs and watch my fair share of home shows (house flips, home makeovers, This Old House....etc.), so I guess I've seen how things can go wrong. But we had a great realtor, a great lender, and a very easy going seller. So add all that up and voila, we get a house.

Here's the front of the house.

Which would make this the back of the house.


You can check out more pictures at our SmugMug page.

Up next: home improvement projects. Wish us luck!

5 comments:

Lippy said...

Yay! That's so exciting! I can't wait to see it!

p&k said...

Congratulations!! Very cute . . . looks like a great back yard! (So I guess you totally beat us . . .)

amusingt said...

There's no beating here except P&K - you have Moyer!!!! When Kim gets her big dog for her big yard, then maybe there will be some competition...

hlw said...

That's awesome!!! Where is it?

Amanda said...

Congratulations, Kim & Amar -- it looks to be a great house (I especially like the wood floors, old-fashioned doorknobs, & redbud tree in bloom)!!