Monday, March 05, 2007

Weekend recap...and a new addiction

This weekend was actually pretty refreshing. It seems that things have been a bit crazy lately, but more on that later.

Saturday
Got up, grabbed some books and headed to Starbucks. Though the place was literally crawling with people, I found a nice table next to a sunny window. I sat there for almost 2 hours just reading. It was great!

That night we headed out to an event for Austin Life Care out at the TDS Wildlife Ranch. Here's the deal. It's this vast expanse of land with safari animals sitting right next to a huge landfill. But you would never know it. No, you're too busy looking around at the zebras, antelope and bison to think of the fact that there are millions of tons of landfill right next to you. All in all, very cool. My good friend Eryn put in a TON of work to make this event happen, and it was for a great cause. Way to go!

Sunday
The last sermon in what has been such a neat series on marriage. I think the church will be burning all of the sermons onto a CD sometime soon, so be on the lookout. Even if you're not married, it's great stuff to hear.

Then, the mini-roadtrip I've been awaiting for quite awhile. A trip to the new IKEA. Oh my holy goodness. That is some store!! I was specifically on the lookout for kitchen cabinets, but I had to hold myself back from buying more. I always thought of IKEA as a store with only ultra modern Swedish stuff...but boy was I wrong. Home decor, linens, furniture of all shapes and sizes. And the warm, welcoming fragrance of cinnamon rolls while you check out. A bit of a sensory overload, but I'll be back for more...

1 comment:

Lippy said...

I LOVE IKEA!! I used to drive by that darned sign wishing it would open sooner. I'm pumped that it'll be open when I return!