Friday, March 02, 2007

A little gross, if you ask me


I was recently having some issues* with my work-issued cell phone. So much so, that I needed a brand new phone. The old phone was, in my defense, a piece of junk. But, my job at times calls for me to be on the phone when I'm away from my desk, and there's no way I'm using my personal minutes for such instances.

Voila - new phone.

So I went up to the cell phone provider store at one of our offices to pick up my new gear. While waiting in line, I started looking at some of the other phone paraphernalia that they offered.

First of all, I had no idea that cell phone gear had gotten so, well, insane. I could practically buy a trailer hitch for my new phone, if I was so inclined.

I wasn't.

The next thing that caught my eye was an entire wall full of those ear bud thingys. You know, the bluetooth headset guys that, in my personal, humble opinion**, instantly turn the wearer of such a device into a robot.

Anyhow, they had little display models of each kind they were selling. But the kicker? They all said "try me on!" - EWW! Who else has put that in their ear!? Am I the only person that finds this a little disturbing?





*These issues were likely self-inflicted by yours truly, but I plead the fifth.

**Please don't take offense if you have a headset. If you have one, good for you. Just please don't look at me while you're talking on it, lest I think you're actually trying to talk to me and then I look like an idiot for participating in your phone conversation. Oh, and please, PLEASE take them off of your ear when you're not on the phone. Unless you're listening to the radio or something on it...then we're cool.

No comments: