Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Mixing it up

Most mornings, upon arriving at the office, I head to the cafeteria to grab some coffee. There are a few options, including hot Starbucks, iced Starbucks, frozen Starbucks, shaken Starbucks and stirred Starbucks. However, in the effort to go easy on the bank account, I normally head to the "super mc. cheapy" coffee dispenser. I get my ~12 oz. of steaming, diluted "coffee" and I'm set.

For the past 4 1/2 years, it's been the same cheap brand. The same diluted coffee. The same semi-coffee taste.

Until today.

They switched it up on me when I wasn't looking!

Now there's not only a new brand, but a new machine and a new taste entirely!

How dare they?! I spend years building up a tolerance to the other stuff. Years, I tell ya! I knew just how much room to leave in the cup so that I could douse it with the proper amount of half-and-half. I knew exactly how much sugar to put in to make it taste more like candy and less like bad coffee.

Now? Now all of my proportions are off. Way off. And that's not really how I like to wake up...you know, conducting my own personal chemistry experiments with coffee in the cafeteria. Now I have to endure 4 more years of adapting to the taste. Yippee!

3 comments:

amusingt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amusingt said...

Okay, the deleted comment was mine. There was a grammatical error that I couldn't stand. Here was the intended comment:

At least you have a coffee shop with options. Our school stopped serving coffee and water for the staff. (Could be our lack of PTA or state funding - depending on how a particular school decides to spend its money.)

Unknown said...

Wow. After 3 years I start boycotting the wanna-be trucker coffee in the cafeteria in favor of my Senseo machine at home. Does that make me brilliant or a moron?