Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Racking up the miles

Well my friends, this week finds me looking head on into another international trip. Yep, I'm going to Brazil again, and with a whole 2 days notice! Wow! :) Wish me luck.

It has been travel central around our house lately. First to Brazil, then Mexico, then Alabama, and now Brazil again. I have no idea what time zone I'm in, honestly. I really don't prefer to live out of a suitcase, but it'll have to do for a little bit longer.

As for my to-do list, per Kaitlan's request, the participants of the recent 'Bama road trip are to compile a Top 10 list of various happenings. I don't know that they are in any particular order, but here is my list:
  1. Taking the bridge to heaven over Prien Lake in Lake Charles, LA. The fog was so thick that day that we didn't know where we'd wind up. Tiffany and Krista describe it better...
  2. The 18 mile bridge on which no cop could ever take radar, as confirmed by our pastor. Gotta love the Atchafalaya Basin bridge! All 18.2 miles of it.
  3. Taking a nap in Birmingham with Anne's dog Penny. I never had a dog growing up, and I've always wanted one to fall asleep on me. This was a first. Shout out to the basset hounds out there!
  4. Watching the car surpass 60,000 miles 2 miles before we got back home on Monday night. Woo hoo!
  5. Beautiful Alabama sky at night during the drive from Orange Beach up to Birmingham. Tons of stars to see!
  6. Showering myself, my friends and my family with powdered sugar from my beignet while drool was sliding out of my mouth. The picture of glamour? You bet! Action shot below:
  7. Getting to spend time seeing the Gulf Coast states with some fabulous friends.
  8. Attending my first beach wedding: white sand, pretty sunsets, cool water...very lovely...
  9. Talking to Walter at 1-800-Starbuc while we were frantically in search of a Starbucks. He is the man.
  10. Getting reprimanded in church in Birmingham by an elderly man that didn't necessarily care for the way that my husband had his arm around me during the service. Oh, and then talking about it after church with the pastor who we had only known for about 30 seconds. Great stuff.

No comments: