Friday, January 19, 2007

Out sick

Sorry for the lack of a decent update from the southern hemisphere yesterday. It seems that I was under the weather. Quite under the weather if you don't mind me saying.

But I'm back upwards of 90% today, and all is well. I'm literally counting the hours until I can be back on my home turf. Not that Brazil is bad or anything. Quite the contrary. I just miss my peeps, that's all.

Anyhow, it seems that now Europe is getting the same stuff that Texas got earlier in the week. I have a theory that there are really only a handful of storms circling the globe. Every time they cross the international date line, they change personalities. They do some reorganizing. Sometimes they downsize, choosing to let a few clouds go. Sometimes, if the hydrologic cycle has been good to them, they can spend a few extra on some cumulonimbus clouds here and there...maybe a cirrus or two.

But it's the same bunch every time. Just like corporate America, they have contractors that work for them. For instance, sometimes you just don't have the talent on-hand to generate the lightning that you'd really like to unleash on the Midwest, so you open up a few recs, and off you go.

Ok - enough silliness. Back to work.

P.S. On Wednesday we had both a fire and a massive power outage. Too much fun, my friends. Too much fun!

3 comments:

amar rama said...

you are such a braggart! you just needed an excuse to say cumulonimbus and hydrological cycle. Well I hope you are happy. now come back home.

amusingt said...

We miss you, too, and I have been praying for your health - I will continue to pray for the 10% that still has you down. Also, you have used your cloud knowledge on my blog, and I am fairly impressed of your cloud name retention. I will keep you in my circle of trust for that very reason...it says something to a teacher when you actually remember things you learned. Come home soon, so you can invite Kaitlan and I over for dinner!!!!!!!!! What fun!

kimmie said...

Yippee! I would love to see y'all again :) And yes, I had my fair share of excellent teachers. Oh, and I just really happen to like stuff about the earth: geography, geology, etc.