Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Makes me smile...

I've been trying to bring in CDs to my office for about a month now, so listen to at my desk. But everyday, I leave them in my car. And let's face it, folks, I'm way too lazy to walk back down to the parking lot once I've settled into my cubicle for the morning.

But today I finally remembered to bring them in, and I'm so glad that I did. I found some old random mix CDs (yes, how very Jr. High of me, I know! Gah!), some CDs I bought years ago, and some CDs that I borrowed awhile back and have failed to return to their rightful owners.

Whatever the case may be, I'm thoroughly enjoying them today.

And I'm reminded that there are just some songs that will always bring a smile to my face. One such song, as random as it might be, is "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John (snippet here). There is just something about it that gets me. Maybe it's the lyrics, or the music, or the vocals, or the memory of that scene from Almost Famous....

Whatever it is, I like it.

Anyhow, just wanted to share that with you. There are probably hundreds of songs that fall into this category for me, but this one just popped on through the ol' headphones this morning.

What songs are in that category for you?

1 comment:

kimmie said...

(Is it lame to comment on your own post? Yes? Well then allow me to proceed...)

"You and Me Song" by the Wannadies. It was featured on the much-beloved (by me, at least) soundtrack to the Romeo and Juliet movie of the 90's. Love.it. Makes me all happy-like :)