Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I finally did it

I finished The Chronicles of Narnia.

As I was reading the last page yesterday over breakfast, Amar stopped me to give me a pep talk. He was kind of kidding, but kind of serious. One thing he mentioned was the post-reading feeling. I guess the same could be said for any big goal, in a sense. Once you're done, you don't really know what the next step is. Where do you go from there?

I have been wanting to read this book since last summer, when I first borrowed it from Amar. It flew across the Pacific with me, and sat untouched in my backpack for the duration of my trip. It then sat, untouched, on my bookshelf for months on end. Since then, in what I can only imagine to be an elaborate plot to get the book back, Amar married me and the book then sat on our collective bookshelf for a few weeks.

FINALLY

I picked it up and began reading.

Sometimes it was hard to put down. But I am really glad that I finished it. All 700+ pages of it.

But what now? More fiction? More epics? Or do I completely switch genres and go for history, or autobiography, or flashcards?

Suggestions?

5 comments:

kmac said...

I think Amar should read Pride and Prejudice to you by candlelight each night. ;-) KM

amar rama said...

1. Hrmm.. interesting suggestion indeed. In either case the Ramas will not be entertaining any more visitors at nights till further notice.

2. for the record the book was not the only reason I married the beautiful Mrs Rama.

amusingt said...

If Amar reads this out loud to you, it must be in an English accent! That is the only way...

Anonymous said...

You could always read "Lord of the Rings." that should keep you busy for awhile. Or, if you enjoy satire, you could read "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" series. Talk about a page turner.

Adriel said...

Yay! I'm just glad you finished! It has long been one of my favorites, welcome to the club of book finishers.