Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I < heart > DVR

Tonight is big, people.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but tonight is the season premiere of Lost. Tonight is also the reunion show for Project Runway. And last, but most certainly not least, tonight is Bible study (obviously, not a link to the Bible, but to the book we're going through...more on that tomorrow).

This is the perfect storm of goodness, my friends.

Now, if you have to know, we'll be making the regular appearance at Bible study. Wouldn't miss it for the world (though now that I think about it, we're missing it next week for a birthday party for a friend...but who's counting?).

But I can tell you this, when we get home, that DVR is going to earn its keep. I'm planning to load up on coffee, pop some popcorn, and settle in. Sure, I have to be at work at 8AM tomorrow for a *thrilling* 2 hour weekly meeting. But that will not stop me from getting my fix.

Amar, thank you for loving me through these hard times.

*Luckily, House is a re-run....that would be a little over the top if I would actually have to miss something. Gah!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heart you too.

malita said...

Remember the days when you had to rush home or the night before program the VCR to record ONE show. You had to search for a good tape, and make sure it was set to the right channel etc - wow that was almost just yesterday! (And had to call your roomie if you weren't able to get home to do it!) I doubt VCR hearts DVR in fact I bet he hates him or her - not sure - since DVR is now commenting on your blog these days maybe they can fill us in on the gender.

amar rama said...

yeah I would love to learn more about DVR's gender also :) I thought it was only Sufjan Stevens, now it is "DVR" too...

kimmie said...

I think our DVR is a boy. Allow me to stereotype:
...He is generally pretty quiet
...He occasionally makes random noises throughout the day, along the lines of spinning/data crunching noises
...oh I so want to make a "gotta turn him on" joke...whoops! I guess I already did ;)