Thursday, August 25, 2005

Not quite homesick

I'm still up in North Carolina :) And I'm still enjoying it. We had yet another round of good food last night as we stopped by a cute little Italian place in Greensboro. And when I say little, I mean it. We had 17 people with us and filled at least 80% of the available space in the entire building. But it was fun and cozy - good food and such. All in all, a fun time.

I tried to make the rule that we wouldn't talk about work while we weren't at work, and that lasted for about 2 minutes. But that's ok. I am still making efforts to just get to know people, which can actually come in quite handy down the road.

Do you ever just feel like you've hit your stride? I think I'm feeling like that around here lately. I can't necessarily put it into words, but it's just a feeling like you're doing what you should be doing when you should be doing it.

I was talking to a friend of mine over email the other day, and he said something that just sounded so right...I can't say it verbatim, but it was something along the lines of "I love how the same old things look so much more interesting when viewed from a different vista." I like how life is like that. It's true with sunrises and sunsets. And I'm finding that it's also true with people. And I love that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a nice feeling, Glad you are feeling it.

kimmie said...

Thanks - me too!