Tuesday, August 16, 2005

It's not that bad...

Ok, based on my post yesterday, I feel that I need to clarify a bit. It's really not horribly awful around the cube these days. Nor is it even awful. In fact, most days are quite pleasant. But as any of you who are employees for an employer know, sometimes it's frustrating. And I've just had a lot of those days lately. Will they pass? Most certainly. Will I survive? Most certainly.

So, that being said, another week is underway :)

I learned yesterday that every 7 years you have to get new license plates for your car. Did you know that? I thought since I had been apparently driving with both an expired registration sticker and an expired state inspection, I should go get at least one of those items taken care of....but if you let your registration expire for more than 30 days, you have to go in person to get it cleared up.

Well, I thought that this might just be a ploy of the state to catch me in the act of driving illegally and thus arrest me on the spot when I arrived to get a new sticker. And apparently I've been watching way too many movies or something, because nothing of the sort happened. I showed my insurance card, gave them my current address, and all of a sudden, the guy just pulls out new plates. I thought that since my car wasn't officially "registered" anymore, I had to start all over again - new plates, new this, new that....but alas, he just said that every 7 years everyone has to get new plates.

So here I go, needing to memorize another series of letters and numbers. It doesn't really spell anything cute, but neither did my first plates, so I'm ok with that. And thus, my car is officially senile (if cars can in fact be senile). Let's just hope that it makes it for 7 more years.

Someone asked me why they pick 7 years. I honestly have no idea, but it makes no sense to me. I should have asked while I was there. Doh! Any thoughts?

4 comments:

Trina said...

i think it's because cars are like dogs...only opposite. for every 7 human years there is only 1 car year. therefore, the new plates are like a birthday present.

kimmie said...

Trina, that's brilliant! It is so obvious - I should have thought of it. I guess the next stage will be the terrible two's. Guess I'm in for it....better start child-proofing the house.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you got your first comment-spam. Congrats. :)

kimmie said...

What the heck is happeneing here? While I go on about my normal business, I get spammed? Not a fan, my friends. I'll see what I can do about that.