Monday, February 13, 2006

Remind me next year

If I tell you that I'm going to the grocery store on the night before Valentine's day, please restrain me. This place was an absolute madhouse. Upon entering, the senses were overloaded with reds and magentas as far as the eye could see.

And the people. The people!! On average, there were about 76 people per aisle. And that's not even mentioning the dairy section. Any why does the store choose to restock at 5:30PM? My good GOSH! It was crazy. I thought that there might be an impending freeze or power outage or national crisis. But no. It's a bunch of flowers and pink paper flying off the shelves and into the hands of people who should already know that they are loved and cared for.

And on that note, I do have a date tomorrow. But I have no idea where we're going. I do know that it might involve ice cream, and for that I'm thankful.

Another thing I'm thankful for is this. Yes, I know it's poking fun at a somewhat tragic event. But still, it made me laugh out loud.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I tried to go to HEB yesterday. I only needed four things and it still took 45 minutes.

And have fun on your date. Just don't tell your fiance about it. Things could get awkward.

kimmie said...

Ooh, good call Miguel. Things could get awkward....but I'm good at keeping secrets :)

malita said...

First someone copies my fave music list from my myspace page, then someone copies my blog background now kimmie wants to copy my post - im going to get all my stuff copywrighted!! jk kimmie go for it...