Monday, February 27, 2006

Happy Monday to my feet

I went shopping yesterday. Actually, Amar and I went shopping. And we had fun. We each bought each other shoes. And let me tell you, that has got to be the perfect date.

I'm wearing my new shoes at the office today. Sure, it's a little painful breaking them in, but that's the price you pay, right? And I love that some of the girls have noticed without me even saying anything. Love it.

It's funny, though, because I don't think of myself as a shoe person. Some girls go shoe-crazy! Their closets and floors are littered with dozens of pairs. I'm more of a minimalist. I buy things that I know aren't too trendy, fit well, are affordable, and that will go with a lot of things. So two pairs of brown, two pairs of black, and some shoes for the gym - I'm set. I often talk myself out of buying new shoes because "I already have some kind of like those" or "They don't go with very many things" etc. But I think there must be some sort of balance. I have been avoiding everything in my closet that goes with brown because I didn't have any brown dressy shoes. Literally, it's been awhile since I've worn some of that stuff simply because I was lacking in the shoe department.

But today, the other half of my closet has come to life!

No, I'm not advocating buying everything that you are even remotely interested in. But sometimes it's just fun to treat yourself. Yippee!

So happy Monday to my feet. I hope you're enjoying yourselves down there. You seem to be, from the reports I'm getting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that youlinked to your shoes. Hope the rest of you has a happy monday as well. Today I have the old black sneakers (a must for geeks you know), but over christmas I too bought some nicer black and brown shoes. I litterally threw my old brown ones away as I walk out of the store they were falling apart. No complents though, I guess guys don't do that, well actually I did get one complement from Katie's office mate... Thank, Pranj!

kimmie said...

Good deal Jim. That's awesome that you walked out in your new shoes and threw away the old ones :)

How's the house?

hlw said...

cute!! i'm excited because it's february in colorado and have FLIP FLOPS on my feet! 70-something degrees and sunny. the only downer - i'm in an office. yuck.