Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Theme song, party of 1

So my roommate Malita just blogged about finding a site that tells you your life's theme song. Check it out here.

#1 on the day I was born was "Call Me" by Blondie. I find this to be a somewhat unsuitable match, as talking on the phone isn't my favorite thing in the world. So I perused the lyrics to find anything at all that might apply to my life, that might give meaning to my existence. Alas, nothing. The girl just really wants the guy to call her.

Moving on to my life's theme song, which is the #1 song on your 18th birthday. Mine came out to be "All My Life" by K-Ci and Jojo. Well, it didn't take me long to find some really deep, meaningful stuff in that one. Who can argue with lyrics like:
  • I will never find another luva sweeta than you
  • I will never find anutha luva more precious than you
  • Said, I promise to never fall in love with a stranger
It's seriously some touching stuff, yo.

What are your theme songs?

...again, total credit for all of the creativity inspired by today's post goes to Malita ;)

3 comments:

malita said...

UH I have always loved Blondie - I actually had a Blondie record when I was a kid - till my mother threw it out - deeply resent that to this day - so as soon as I could I bought the Blondie CD to replace it - I think I was in high school - and 'call me' happens to be my 2nd favorite Blondie song (one way or another is #1)

kimmie said...

Totally agree on the Blondie :) I would add "Heart of Glass" to your list as well.

Anonymous said...

Mine is The Macarena. It's kind of catchy at first, but gets more and more annoying the more you are exposed to it. That seems about right.