Monday, January 30, 2006

Sometimes I'm just not

Sometimes I'm just not interested in making small talk.
Sometimes I'm just not pumped about cleaning my room.
Sometimes I'm just not really excited about journaling.
Sometimes I'm just not motivated enough to get up and get lunch.
Sometimes I'm just not terribly excited about going to class.
Sometimes I'm just not worried that I haven't fully caught up on work email.
Sometimes I'm just not willing to pay hundreds of dollars for invitations.
Sometimes I'm just not hungry.
Sometimes I'm just not ok leaving the house without making up my bed.
Sometimes I'm just not disgusted by the state of the bathroom.
Sometimes I'm just not horrified to leave the house without showering.
Sometimes I'm just not upset that I can't please everyone.
Sometimes I'm just not embarrassed that I haven't washed my jeans in 2 weeks.
Sometimes I'm just not willing to sit down and make a five year plan.
Sometimes I'm just not satisfied with 4 cups of coffee.
Sometimes I'm just not.

No worries. I'm totally fine. I promise. Just a little introspective today. How are you?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am 28 years old and live in my parents house with my wife. Things are good.

Check out my friend tsh's blog treadmarks.blogspot.com . she is having and "I love... sort of day"

Trina said...

hey, saw you from afar yesterday but didn't get to say hi. it's been forever. hi.

and i'm rarely motivated for anything, so i'm totally feeling your post today.

kimmie said...

Thanks, y'all :)

malita said...

The only thing that disturbes me is the comment on the 5 year plan.. 5 year plan!! I thought we got to leave those behind when we stopped meeting with the guidance counselor - here's a possible 5 year plan for you - live, love, dream, sleep, die or live, lord comes back or he doesn't either way no matter what i put down in a 5 year plan - he's going to change it all...

Alexia & Jeffrey said...

except for the leaving the house without a shower, i totally agree.

and i'm showing Groundhog Day to my kids today. yea for fun holidays and movies made about them.

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!

kimmie said...

Jones - the 5 year plan came up because when we sit with management they want to know what our "goals" are. Sometimes I just want to run out of the room screaming!!

malita said...

Tell them you plan to be a circus performer in 5 years

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I'm a bit late, but I thoughly enjoyed your list. Ditto. Five year plan....what? I don't believe in them. :)