Friday, January 06, 2006

Seemingly insurmountable task on my doorstep

That's what it seems my primary task at the office seems to be today: the dreaded end of year self assessment. I.e. "How did you do over the past 12 months as measured against the stuff we asked you to do based on these metrics and objectives?" So basically, since I haven't quite kept detailed notes on everything I've done since last February, I'm wracking my brain, digging in my archived folders, and doing a good bit of creative writing.

But heck, I like writing, especially when I get to use buzzwords freely. Some of my favorite today seem to be: ensure, effectively, leveraged, interfaced, requirements, communicate, and last but not least - foster. Yes, it's fluff. But it's the bubble wrap that surrounds an important list of vital facts that management should handle with care. It's fluff with a purpose, and that purpose happens to be that I remain employed.

Everyone - cross your fingers.

P.S. I discovered last night that I'm now increasingly covered in small red spots. More on this breaking news as it become available.

1 comment:

kimmie said...

And voila, it's complete and sent off to management. Yay me! Time to celebrate, right?