Friday, January 20, 2006

Week in review

So to keep tabs on myself after I outlined some goals a few days back, here's a status check on how I'm doing.

Read More
Right. Here's the hard one. Haven't quite yet picked up the Piper book this week. Maybe some downtime this afternoon or over the weekend.

Sort my mail
Thanks to some much needed prompting by Malita, I have kind of kept up with this one. I'm hoping to pick up a filing box this weekend and start putting things in their proper place. But the mail basket hasn't overflowed to the extreme that it did last month. So I consider this a mild success.

Get into shape
Thanks to my old roommate and personal trainer Lindsay, I've worked out 3 times this week so far. Twice we did weights, and then I did some light cardio. Several of my muscles were actively complaining, but they'll just have to deal with it. Was it hard? Yep, at times I really wanted to put the weights down and walk away. But I know that I have to stick with it.

Take better care of myself
Thanks also to Lindsay, I've been trying to stick with my meal plan this week. I haven't done a stellar job, but I have eaten more than I usually do. I've also tried to concentrate on the "smaller meals more frequently" idea, and I'm liking that a lot. The hardest part is the lunches and dinners. I will give myself kudos to the breakfasts and snacks :)

In other news, I've got a new roommate. She's probably 80% moved in. It's fun to change things up a bit, and I'm excited about the new house dynamics :)

This weekend I'm hosting a girls brunch for church, and given my love for all things breakfast, and my desire to get to know some of these girls better, it should make for a good Saturday morning. Oh, and I'm looking forward to my Christmas gift from Lindsay, which consists of a chef-prepared meal at her new house. Very yummy! Other than that, it should be a low-key weekend, which I'm excited about. The only bummer is that it's likely going to rain the whole time :( Yes, we do need the rain, but why does it have to come on the weekend. Bummer.

No comments: