Monday, May 02, 2005

Weekend Update

In review, this was a good weekend. Enough "up" time and enough "down" time. I got to spend time with family and friends both days, which always makes me smile. We also had no Sunday morning church, but opted, instead, to have an evening service. Going into the weekend, I didn't think that schedule change would be so big, but it made the weekend feel so much longer! Bonus!

By 11:30 AM on Sunday, I had done the following: woken up, made coffee, had my quiet time, swept the living room, swept the kitchen, swept the laundry room, done 2 loads of laundry, taken the dog on a walk, showered, readied myself for lunch, and read a chapter in a book. I felt really good about all of that!

Weekend highlights:
  • Breakfast with my grandma
  • Organized a friend's linen closet
  • Lunch with parents
  • Made some progress in my book
  • My CDs (here and here) shipped from Amazon
  • Played spades - got schooled
  • Really productive Sunday morning
  • Quality time with guitar + boyfriend
  • Tried a new coffee drink - yum!
And, if that wasn't enough, I saw a hot air balloon on the way to work today. It made me smile. I'm not sure why, but it did.

All in all, a good weekend. How was yours?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

since when do you have a dog to take for walks? I'm glad that you had such a nice weekend. Btw, I read some really terrible reviews of that Captivating book that you mentioned... not sure about that. Your CDs look great though. You'll have to bring them when you come visit in 19 days.

kimmie said...

Interesting. Everyone that I know who is reading it is liking it. Send me the link to the reviews....

We're house-sitting (for like 2 months now!) a lovely dog, rumored to be a Blue Heeler (sp?), but we're not sure what kind of dog she actually is. She's well-mannered and can obey.

I'll certainly bring the tunes...