Monday, May 23, 2005

The armpit of Texas

This weekend was all sorts of goodness. Except for the fact that I was in the geographical armpit of Texas. Yep, the Houston/Galveston section of this great state is just a little too damp and smelly for my taste. However, some of my most favorite people live down there, so I decided to forego my aversion to humidity and traffic and spend some quality time with them. It was well worth it.

Signs that life is moving faster than I realized:

  • Last Saturday, the girl I spent two years sharing a room with got a brand new, shiny diamond ring for her left hand
  • Last Monday, a girl I spent a year living with (and several years serving with) found out that she is going to be a mommy in February
  • This Saturday, a boy I spent several years making fun of (for being exceptionally pretty) became a husband
  • This morning I got to my desk and my bamboo plant was sprouting another leaf
Ahh, yes. Life - it's good to be reminded of progress every now and then. Best of luck to all of you with big life news! I love each of you dearly...

No comments: