Monday, May 23, 2005

Use the force

I was on a conference call for work. It pertained to a fundraiser that we're putting on later this week. We were initially going to have a cardboard cutout of the CEO for people to take a cheezy picture with.

However, the corporate offices wouldn't let us do that. So instead, someone had the idea to get a Star Wars figure for the pictures. The discussion began about who might have a Star Wars character readily accessible. It went something like this:

Person 1: "How do we get a Star Wars character there?"
Person 2: "I don't know. What about a costume?"
Person 1: "We should as the developer guys - they're fanatics!"
Person 2: "Yeah, they might even have a statue!"

Not to stereotype or anything...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you are serious I can put you in touch with a fellow developer who has statues, costumes, card board cutouts etc. I would be concerned about royalties though...George Lucas might not want to share with your charity.

(name withheld)

kimmie said...

Anonymous,
Thanks so much for your response. If your "friend" does indeed have costumes, statues, and/or cutouts of the aforementioned Star Wars characters, I'd have to give that serious consideration. We only accept the highest quality, and thus, I would have to inspect said articles.

Luckily, for your "friend," I think we've found what we need. Tomorrow I will see Episode 3 for the second time in less than a week. Some may say I'm lucky.....I have a different opinion, however.