Wednesday, August 01, 2007

How it went down


Me: Driving in a parking lot.

Him: Also driving in a parking lot.

Me: Exiting the parking lot in the "main lane".

Him: Pulling into the "main lane" without noticing my car.

Me: Honking wildly as his car gets really close.

Him: Hitting my car and then stopping.

Me: Pulling my car over into the nearest parking space.

Him: Driving around in the parking lot for a few more minutes.

Me: Walking around my car to inspect the damage.

Him: Hanging out in his car with his friend and his cat.

Me: Noticing a bumper-sized scratch just behind the front right wheel of the car.

Him: Still sitting in his car, oblivious.

Me: Walking over to his car.

Him: Not noticing.

Me: Interrupting with, "Um, I think you just hit my car."

Him: (pause..........) "Oh, I did?"

Me: "Yes, you did. I can see paint from my car on your bumper. And paint from your car is on my car."

Him: "OK. I'll be over in a few minutes."



After we exchanged information, and his cat literally got out of its bag, we were both on our merry way. No major damage to report at this point, really. However I was quite floored by his response to my statement about him hitting my car.

"Oh, I did?"

Yes. Don't you remember about 15 seconds ago when I was honking at you and you were paying more attention to your cat than to driving your car? Yeah, that was you hitting my car. So yes, that's what happened. No harm, no foul. But come on here, wouldn't you want to at least check to see if you did any damage to your own vehicle?

*Image courtesy of Wikipedia

5 comments:

karen said...

Which car were you driving? Just curious.
I like your new headline! :)

kimmie said...

I was not in the SUV, if that helps clarify ;)

Eryn said...

Oy, is Amar happy? :-)

karen said...

goodness...that makes it even more dramatic!

noell said...

ugh, how annoying. Glad it wasn't too bad.

As you may notice, i'm catching up on my blog reading. :)