Monday, December 18, 2006

Oi!

Yep, I'm still down in Brazil. Sorry I've been remiss in posting as of late. Our days are pretty long, and honestly, I've been too tired by the time I get back to the hotel to do much more than lay back, watch Harry Potter and do some Su Doku.

This is indeed the life.

We got Sunday off from work, which was nice. Some of us headed a few blocks down from the hotel to a local park for a bit. There are a ton of local merchants and craftsmen that come to the park, setup a tent and sell their goods. Most of us are looking for good Christmas gifts, but honestly, a lot of this stuff you could find in the US. I have, however, found a few things that I'm bringing back with me.

As we trekked back to the hotel, we started to realize why this part of Brazil enjoys a siesta during the afternoon. It was crazy hot. I was literally a puddle in front of the hotel by the time we made it back. We rested for the afternoon and then a few of us went out to one of the local malls that night. It was super crowded, but we had a good time.

Today, we're back "in the office" if you can call it that. Only 4 more days until I get to come home. Yippee!

Feliz Natal!

(I really hope I spelled that right!)

No comments: