Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I'll be home for Christmas

Yep, I'm leaving South America tomorrow and will be back in Texas on Friday morning. Overall, Brazil has been fun. Good food, nice people, good weather (aside from the heat!). The parts of the country I've seen so far have been really pretty. Lots of bright green trees and dark red soil.

This trip has also given me the opportunity to meet a few more of my co-workers that until now, have been a continent away. Though I will say this, I don't think I could travel full time for work. Some folks travel every week, flying out on Monday and back on Friday. That is not my kind of gig, but the occasional trip now and then is ok for brief amounts of time :)

Anyhow, it's a little strange seeing Christmas trees everywhere, Santas on every window sill, and garland on all the doors down here. Since it's in the high 80s, it is just hard for my mind to comprehend that it really is Christmas. I had no idea that the holiday was so widely celebrated in South America. Yeah, I'm a pretty insulated American :)

Hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures of my trip when I'm back in the states. Connectivity is patchy down here, so I think that's why my previous attempts failed. I know, I know. You're all dying to see what Brazil is like. But patience, people, patience...

See you soon! Feliz Natal!

No comments: