Friday, December 15, 2006

Brazil, the first few days

Brazil is good so far, I guess. Aside from the 10 hour works days, I don't have too many complaints :)

Seriously, though, it's been ok so far if I don't count being away from friends and family. The food has been great so far - lots of tasty beef and strong coffee served in tiny cups. I'm here for about another week, and I'm really hoping that the building will have indoor plumbing by then!

Due to the somewhat shady nature of the areas we're in while we're here, we have a security team that stays with us as we go about town. They are supremely cool. And I can tell you this, you haven't been shopping at a mall until you've been shopping at the biggest mall in Latin America with security guards tailing you. It was super fun! I'm going to try to get some pictures with them, and will post those when I do.

In the mean time, hopefully these will tide you over...enjoy! One is a picture of the mall we went to, one is a picture of the construction site, and one is a picture from the plane. You guess which is which :)

1 comment:

kimmie said...

Sorry, folks. Apparently the pictures aren't working. I'll see if I can fix it later... :)