Thursday, December 07, 2006

The first step

Admitting you have a problem.

1) I have a problem. I'm an email addict.

That's what I learned at a training class this week for work. Sure, it was voluntary. But I think that it should be mandatory the way email zips around this place. Basically, I was in a class that was supposed to help you become more organized and use Microsoft Outlook more efficiently.

And boy were my socks knocked off.

I realized, during the class, that for some sick, twisted reason, I was taking pride in the amount of email that I had managed to fit in my inbox. Why was I happy to have more than 2,000 emails? It made me feel important, I guess.

But you know what feels better? Having 0. Yep, not one thing.

Sure, I'm not 100% organized. I probably never will be. But I know that I'm on my way to becoming less of an email packrat, and that can only be good.

Yay!

1 comment:

malita said...

I recently purged the inbox as well - oh what a feeling - especially when it made my outlook open faster and work faster!!! Work Outlook work!!!