Thursday, November 02, 2006

Ode to winter shoes

Now that winter is upon us here in Central Texas, and we've officially turned the heater on in our apartment, it's time to start pulling out the winter gear.

Every year I seem to have the same problem: I have nothing to wear for winter. Sure, winter here only means 45 degrees for more than 5 days in a row, but still, I am a person in need of quality insulation. But somehow, every winter I survive, albeit with chattering teeth and permanent goosebumps. But I do survive.

This winter will be no different, as I have recruited some much needed footwear assistance. I give you my new favorite shoes:

Exhibit A: The Privo
  • The Privo could not be more comfortable
  • The Privo goes with pretty much anything you could throw at it
  • The Privo is all terrain
  • The Privo is also warm
  • The Privo is a trooper


Exhibit B: The Merrell
  • The Merrell is a fun shoe
  • The Merrell will not embarass you at holiday office parties
  • The Merrell likes to keep a low profile
  • The Merrell always uses its blinkers
  • The Merrell has a zipper that makes a fun sound when you walk
  • The Merrell has a fun pull-on loop at the back for easy handling

So, that's the scoop, my friends. Check 'em out if you don't believe me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manolo says ayyyy! The Kimmie she copies the Manolo?

kimmie said...

Manolo,
The Kimmie she does not copy the Manolo. The Kimmie only wanted to give the product review. Will the Manolo forgive? The Kimmie, she is quite the fan of the Manolo...

noell said...

i like the privo. Cute, yet functional. :)

Anonymous said...

The Manolo forgives - the Manolo is actually flattered that the Kimmie is breaking out and reviewing the shoes - The Kimmie must have been inspired