Friday, November 10, 2006

Friday?

This week has gone by very slowly. Someone said that Monday felt like it should be Thursday, and I couldn't have agreed more.

Today began with much that same sentiment.

I tried something different with my hair.

I put my makeup on while driving to work.

I got to work, bought a muffin and some coffee and headed up to my desk.

I turned the corner to my aisle and a guy that I work with exclaimed, "Wow! You look miserable!"

"I look miserable?" I replied, and continued on to my desk.

I redid my hair and double-checked my makeup.

I proceeded to work at my desk and in meetings for the next few hours.

I then decided to leave for lunch, so I started to walk to my car.

I met up with some girls I work with and we all headed to the parking lot together.

"Do I look miserable?" I asked, hoping they would emphatically deny that I did.

"Well, I wouldn't say miserable exactly..." said one girl.

The other chimed in, "More like beat down."







Yeah. I'm glad it's Friday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the length of the week is showing through in your facial expression, but anyone with decent eyes could see through that and see that you're beautiful. A long week can't really taint that. No offense to your coworkers, but they should have their eyes checked.

amar rama said...

I concur and say that you should replace your co-workers with more superbecks.