Friday, June 18, 2010

Amar will be thankful for this site:


Called YourNextRead. He'll be thankful for it because I think I probably ask him to pick out another book for me about every 2 weeks or so.

He and I don't exactly have what you'd call 'similar' taste in reading, though there are a few exceptions. However, this site may make things a bit easier on him and help me start using our local library (all of 1 block away) a bit more.

Do you have any suggestions for what I should read next? Looking for something light that I can read in small increments (i.e. something that fits well into the somewhat ridiculous schedule I'm about to take on...).

1 comment:

Mandy said...

What Jesus Demands of the World by John Piper - short, nursing session sized chapters; such a good overview of the Gospels
Dreams Underfoot by Charles de Lint - his first collection of short stories, urban fantasy that all takes place in the same fictional N. American city with characters intersecting through the various stories.
Oh, and you should try ReadAlike.com - just launched by a friend of mine (and fellow Austinite) - it gives recommendations based on other people who have liked books that you like. It's given me some good new reads.
So excited for you... can't wait to meet baby Anjali.