Wednesday, May 27, 2009

TV Addict

I grew up watching a lot of tv.

And I have a bit of an addictive personality.

Thus, there are several shows that I watch quite frequently.

I'm trying not to add any shows to the schedule. After all, there are occasionally other things that I like to do with my time. Like watch movies.

Anyhow, there's a show that I stumbled upon last summer, and I just now noticed that it's back, and yes, it's better than ever.

It's called Wipeout and it's on ABC.

I mean seriously, this is good television.






It's a ridiculously-constructed obstacle course, complete with commentators (who yes, occasionally make some questionable jokes). But it is hilarious. The stuff that they make these people do is just insane.

Side note: while Amar and I were in India, there wasn't much on tv that we could both watch and enjoy (the Indian ones were hard for me to follow, and the English ones were not incredibly compelling). The two shows that we could agree on were 1) BBC World News and 2) Takeshi's Castle. Hopefully you can figure out the former. The latter? Potentially the most awesome Japanese gameshow of all time. Needless to say, hours of entertainment.

Anyhow, you should check out Wipeout. Just give it a shot for 5 minutes and you will be sucked in.

Or, maybe it's just me. Is it just me?

6 comments:

cheryl said...

Oh my gosh!!! We watched it as a family tonight (I wasn't sure if the girls would be okay w/ watching everyone falling and crashing...that sort of thing sometimes upsets them)
We were all ROLLING on the floor!
Maybe that's wrong, but we were very entertained. ;o)

Mandy said...

Josh also loves this show. I hate it. The idiocy is more painful than the falling down.

kimmie said...

Yes, I totally agree. It's absolutely stupid, but it still makes me laugh. Often.

Sarah said...

Zach and I really like this show too! we missed it on tv last week but watched it online.

Allison Bellomy said...

Kim I am so glad you posted this...I am not the only one who thinks this show is great! :)I can't help but laugh when I watch it...i thought something might have been wrong with me but I'm okay now that i know i am not alone! :)

amusingt said...

The MXC cracked me up - the american redubbing of Takeshi's Castle. Hilarious.