Friday, May 08, 2009

Bravo

I was sad to see that Project Runway would not be seen again this year on Bravo (and I still can't picture it on Lifetime...but that's another blog entry for another day). However, I gave their new show, Fashion Show, a try this week.

Let me just say this: I cannot fathom a world in which a grey satin harem pant is a "must have."

The challenge was to create a "must have" item and build five looks around it. Now, I might not be as fashion forward as the next girl, but harem pants in the first place are just not must-haves. The other items created were ok. Jacket? Yes, it could work. The concept of a skirt? Yes, could work. But I agree with the judges on this one: the way that these looks were executed leaves something to be desired.

Granted, they only had about a day to do it. So you have to cut them some slack. But seriously - it got a little crazy and unwearable pretty quickly.

And if any of you watched the show, please try to explain to me what Merlin is. I really can't understand it.

Will I tune in again next week? Most likely.
Do I like it as much as Project Runway? Not just yet.

Your thoughts??


Harem Pants Montage




*Images courtesy of Bravo

4 comments:

malita said...

i meant to watch this - ok everyone but the last two look like they are carrying a load in their pants.

Yobany said...

I know I am not fashion-educated, but these look like a mix between MC Hammer pants and capris.

kimmie said...

So glad that y'all agree with me.

Malita - didn't mean to spoil it for you. You should watch it.

Yobany - you are spot on. Hammer pants all the way.

Sarah said...

The crotch on those is entirely too long...