Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year, and all that...

So it seems that 2007 has come and gone, leaving us all breathless and wondering how in the heck we could be an entire year older in such a short time. Ah yes, my friends, as sands through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives.

In thinking about the past events of said year, it seems to have been a busy one. Here's a recap for you, in case you missed some of these highlights. Eager clickers be aware, each month section title is a link to all the posts for said month. Also, I am an HTML wizard. So for those of you who want to relive the triumph and the tragedy, feel free.

January
World travelers, take note: I was in Brazil and Alabama in January. Ha! Beat that! I spent some good, quality, working time down in the Southern hemisphere. Nothing says international travel like wearing a hard hat for 12 hours each day. This month I also tried, rather unsuccessfully, to make granola. Woo.

February
This month saw me obsessing over a Target ad, providing personal advice to co-workers, and getting the flu for the first time in my entire life. Gotta love February.

March
March. The month in which I apparently decided to spill large quantities of food on myself at all the wrong times. Also, I discovered the goodness that is IKEA, went to the dentist for the first time in WAY too long, and...what was that other thing? Oh yeah, we bought a house. Oh, and peanut butter betrayed me. We have since reconciled.

April
In April, I aged, fought of a fierce snake, watched some TV and tore apart then redesigned a kitchen. Good times.

May
Looks like it was a bit of a slow month. Apparently I painted and ate orange foods. Big month for color. Huge.

June
We moved into our house in June. And I had some problems with gas. June was not a good friend to me this year.

July
In July, I apparently took humorous pictures of my husband and mocked our last name. Who doesn't love doing that? Oh, and I grew a flower. Said flower has since betrayed me and abandoned our front porch without so much as leaving a note. Good riddance.

August
During the month of August, we celebrated our 1 year anniversary of being married (awww!). I was also the victim of a near hit-and-run (vicious!), and we took care of a SOLID dude named Wallace. Shout out to my peep Wallace!

(Can "peep" be used in singular? Oh yeah, it just was.)

September
Wow, apparently the ONLY thing I did during the entire month of September was fly to and from Poland. I'm freaking awesome.

October
In October, we hung out with good ol' Lyle Lovett. I also wrote a sweet joke, and we got 2 puppies, one of which threw up almost 1/2 her entire body weight last night. Good times.

November
In November, we went to Chi-town for a bit. Chilly, but also cool at the same time if yaknowhatimsayin. I also made a lasting impression on O'Hare.

December
Israel. That's all I can say.



What did you do last year?

3 comments:

amar rama said...

Busy year eh. I would have never guessed. ;-)

amar rama said...

oh also, very impressed with your mad html skillz.

amusingt said...

I'll answer your question:

1. Perspectives and crochet with Kaitlan
2. Perspectives
3. A snake and Scottish Hooters
4. TAKS testing and other educational things
5. Lost my watch and hurt my bum
6. Discovered spondylolisthesis (at least as far as my body was concerned)
7. NY and London
8. School again
9. Best birthday celebration in a while
10. NY again, and who can forget the first annual fummer festival?
11. Absolutely nothing
12. ISRAEL!